AGVA WELFARE TRUST FUND
363 Seventh Avenue, 17Th Floor
New York, New York 10001-3904
PLAN B – EFFECTIVE DURING THE WAITING PERIOD FOR PLAN A
Performers/Stage Managers engaged under an AGVA Collective Bargaining Agreement, who will qualify for Plan A after 15 days, will be eligible for Plan B during this waiting period, provided that their employer has contributed to the AGVA Welfare Trust Fund on their behalf.
Plan B benefits are in effect after the first 3 days of employment (necessary for eligibility). Plan B benefits extend an equivalent of the length of the engagement, up to 3 weeks (when Plan A becomes effective with continued Contributions).
For example: if the engagement is for three (3) days, Plan B coverage is in effect after the first 3 days (necessary for eligibility), and benefits would then extend for an additional three (3) days following the last day of the employment; if the engagement is for two (2) consecutive weeks, Plan B coverage is in effect after the first 3 days (necessary for eligibility), and benefits would then extend for an additional two (2) weeks following the last day of employment. For ongoing engagements of more than three (3) weeks, with continued employer contributions, Plan A begins on the 16th day.
PLAN B – SUMMARY OF WAITING PERIOD BENEFITS
• $1500.00 total benefit is payable per calendar year
• Plan B is subject to a $300.00 deductible per calendar year
• $25,000.00 lifetime cap for all benefits applies
• All claims must be submitted within ninety (90) days of treatment
PLAN B – BENEFITS (PLAN B IS IN PLACE AS A LEAD-IN TO PLAN A ONLY)
- Up to $100.00 a day for up to fifteen (15) days per calendar year
Other In-Hospital Miscellaneous Expenses:
- Up to $1000.00 payout per calendar year
Out-Patient Hospital Treatment:
- Up to $1500.00 payout per calendar year
Major Medical Surgical:
- Up to $600.00 payout per calendar year
Doctor’s Visits (in Physician’s Office)
- $30 per visit - beginning with the 4th visit
X-ray & Laboratory:
- Up to $150.00 payout per calendar year
- Up to $300.00 payout per calendar year
PLAN B BENEFITS - NOT COVERED
- Chiropractic care
- Out-patient Psychiatric Care
- Physical, Speech & Occupational Therapy
- Skilled Nursing Care
- Dental Coverage
- Spouses and/or Dependents
- Up to $55.00 payout per calendar year, subject to the deductible for Plan B
THE BENEFITS DESCRIBED IN THIS SUMMARY ARE SUBJECT TO THE PLAN OF BENEFITS ADOPTED BY THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES, AS AMENDED FROM TIME TO TIME. WHERE A DISPUTE ARISES REGARDING HIS SUMMARY AND THE PLAN OF BENEFITS, THE DECISION OF THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES SHALL BE FINAL AND BINDING ON ALL PARTIES.
+++COMBINED LIFETIME MAXIMUM OF $25,000 FOR ALL BENEFITS+++
- $1000 paid to designated Beneficiary or Member’s Estate
- Ensure that a Death Beneficiary card is on file
The death benefit is payable to Members who have been, and continue to be, in good standing for five years or more, whether or not they are currently employed under an AGVA contract.